‘The Bachelor’, AMC and others who stood out on social media – Pasadena Star News
The crowd might have been smaller than usual for the 2022 Rose Parade, but the flower-covered floats marching down Colorado Blvd drew great impressions from the people watching at the house.
With familiar tanks like Trader Joe’s and first-time tanks like “The Bachelor,” these are the ones we talked about the most on social media. But first, here’s a general rundown of this year’s floating order:
My favorite part of #RoseParade So far the White Jesus tank has been followed by The Bachelor, followed by a huge, very loud AMC tank with inexplicable dog and cat mascots watching the Marvel trailers. Just pure and uncut America, babyyyyyy
– Brooke Preston (@bigu) January 1, 2022
These are the top five floating moments, according to Twitter.
1. The float “The Bachelor” made its Rose Parade debut with an appearance by new bachelor of the season, Clayton Echard and new host Jesse Palmer. The float is a scaled-down version of the exotic Villa De La Vina, where the show is filmed. It sparked confusion on social media.
does the bachelor have to do with the theme of the parade? #RoseParade
– price of the nickname (@ nickprice91) January 1, 2022
– Wesley L. (@realwesleywess) January 1, 2022
The bachelor doesn’t need a rose parade float
– Nick Charles Currie (@nickcharlesNFL) January 1, 2022
2. AMC’s “We Make Movies Better” float recreated a movie theater, with a functioning big screen showing a few trailers from 2022. It received praise not only on social media, but also on those who watched the parade in person.
Watch the parade of roses. Here’s the AMC tank passing by, showing trailers and previews for new films coming out in 2022.
Husband, watch a moment.
“AMC: PLEASE COME BACK TO US.”
My guy has a real knack for capturing the essence of an experience. ??
– Chess (@ Chess_1967) January 1, 2022
– Heather LoBrutto (@ HeatherLoBrutt1) January 1, 2022
– ochaos (@ochaos) January 1, 2022
3. Halfway through the parade, there was a performance of “Born on the Bayou” from the Hot 8 Brass Band and singer Laine Hardy, who won Season 17 of “American Idol”. Hardy was aboard the Louisiana “Feed Your Soul” tank which impressed Twitter users.
– emilie ️🪴 (@emilieblakewood) January 1, 2022
I love that the @LouisianaTravel The Rise Parade float presentation ended with an explosion of banners, proving that if you want a parade to be done well, it has to come from Louisiana!
– EmergencyPrepGal (@EmergPrepGal) January 1, 2022
I really enjoyed this live performance by Laine Hardy, the Hot 8 Brass Band and the dancers!
– Frank Bear’s FLA Warm Fuzzies! (@warm_fuzzies_fl) January 1, 2022
4. The Masked Singer tank, “Anything Can Happen”, also made a strong impression for its theme, but most notably an appearance by singer Dionne Warwick, with a fun moment filmed.
– Jillian Sederholm (@JillianSed) January 1, 2022
– dannycharbel real estate agent (@dannycharbel) January 1, 2022
– Art and design by KSD 🥗🎨🖥🧠 (@ArtandDesignKSD) January 1, 2022
5. And finally, Reese’s University, “Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Success. ”Twitter users had an interest in attending the fictitious college.
I haven’t seen the whole Rose Parade but the Reese’s University float is my favorite float! # RoseParade2022 https://t.co/O5u9s0sKPT
– Patrick Alog (@PatrickAlog) January 1, 2022
How to apply to Reese’s University? # RoseParade2022
– Danielle Cendejas (@dccendejas) January 1, 2022
– Kurt Myers (@coachkmyers) January 1, 2022