Marketing Manager – Academy Music Group
Company: Academy Band
Department: Academy Events
Reports to: Promoter, Academy Events
Business hours: Permanent full time
Manage the sales and marketing function for Academy Events tours, liaising with promoters, agencies, marketing departments and public relations – pursuing creative marketing opportunities, maximizing ticket sales and other similar revenue by developing and managing key marketing campaigns in accordance with Academy Music Group‘s strategic objectives and analysis of past sales. Recruit, train and mentor Academy Events marketing staff.
What is it like to work in the team
Academy Events are the in-house promoters of the ever-expanding Academy Music Group of iconic concert venues. A diverse group of individuals comprised of promoters, marketing, finance and production, the team share a common passion for promoting exciting shows and tours, working across an extensive network of venues representing both artists established and emerging talent.
Who are you
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
– Knowledge of the live music and club industry or similar role in the entertainment industry with a proven track record in identifying opportunities and developing new initiatives.
– Experienced campaign manager with knowledge of promotion/marketing from scratch.
– Established contacts within music and marketing.
– Experience in coordinating a team or managing client accounts.
– Engaging, clear and confident communicator.
– Knowledge and experience of print and online marketing methods, media buying and best practices.
– Experience in writing and editing texts.
– Exceptional attention to detail and precision.
– Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task with excellent time management.
– Ability to manage marketing budgets.
The following attributes determine how the role will be performed and are required for success
– Ability to combine analysis and creativity in order to develop new ideas.
– Proactive team spirit.
What the role includes
– Work alongside Academy Event Promoters, responsible for managing and delivering comprehensive strategic marketing campaigns for events within Academy Events across multiple genres.
– Effective reporting of marketing spend within set budgets.
– Work with the extended head office marketing team to analyze sales data using all available resources.
– Work closely with Academy Music Group’s marketing and public relations teams and all designated designers and agencies to design, coordinate, develop and ensure the production and distribution of all advertisements, print materials and online assets , following the business models, branding models and marketing approaches set by Head Office and Academy Events.
– Actively conduct market research and analysis by regularly attending a representative sample of programs to identify changing audience profiles.
– Work with marketing departments of various external organizations including local promotion offices and outlets as well as media and promotional channels to ensure a coordinated campaign and approach.
– Develop strong relationships with all designated parties who maintain regular communications to coordinate and support all marketing activities.
– Monitor ticket sales to maximize the marketing impact of shows and tours, modifying campaigns based on sales trends.
– Implement the Academy Events social media strategy, developing and expanding these channels (currently Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
– Possess a solid understanding of social media trends and the ability to create engaging social media content and copy it to target different demographics.
– Management of the creation of advertising campaigns on social networks, audience targeting and information reports.
– Ensure that brand guidelines and partnership agreements are adhered to at all times in marketing materials.
– In agreement with local marketing departments, manage all inventory available in the group – internal screen placements, internal ads on websites, features in listings, etc.
– Recruit, motivate, train and manage a wider marketing team for Academy events, setting goals and monitoring performance and workload.
– Undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
We are passionate and committed to our employees and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will work in an inclusive environment and will be encouraged to put your full work into it. We will do everything we can to help you successfully balance your work and personal life. As a growing company, we encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, to have new experiences and to learn from the talented people you will work with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or family responsibilities. #AMG
AMG is part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s premier live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.